I can't wait to push my body to do a 7 day bike ride called GOBA, Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure in June. For one, I love seeing what I'm actually capable of. Secondly, I hope to make some friends and meet new people. I'm not a very outgoing person, so that might be a little bit of a challenge. The other exciting part is that the route mostly goes through areas very close to home and where I grew up.
Planning for a week long bicycle ride is a lot more of a task than I expected. I've realized there are a lot of things I'll need that I just don't have. I need to also figure out what kinds of snacks I want to carry with me. There are a lot of stops planned in small towns we'll be riding through, but I want to be sure I have things that I know fuel me well and that I like. I also need to determine how much Nuun to pack!
Here's a list of things I think I need to get before I take off on this adventure later this year. I'm hoping to do this at the least cost possible!
- Battery pack for charging my cell phone in case power sources aren't available.
- CO2 Pump and Cartridges (Been stuck trying to hand pump my bike once and don't want to do it again if I can help it.)
- Seatpost rack and trunk bag to carry additional items on the bike with me.
- New mirror (mine is really cloudy and is getting tough to see things in.)
- Sun Screen (I burn really easily, so I'll need lots of this!)
- Foldable sandals that I can pack away or stuff in a jersey pocket for stops where cleats aren't allowed.
- Multi-tool with more tools on it. My current tool has come in handy, but has been proven to be missing some things before.
- Spare tubes just in case.
- Tent (Our tent is several years old, large, and some parts have fallen off. I'd love to get a tent just the right size to hold me and my bag.)
- Sleeping Bag and Pad (Ours got eaten by the washing machine two years ago and we never replaced them.)
- New cycling gloves (My cycling gloves are 3 years old and have been worn for most of my 2200 miles.)
- Rain jacket or poncho in case of rain (I bought one last year, but it doesn't breathe at all and I ended up miserable at the end of the ride.)
- Chamois Cream of some sort. I've only had to use it once before, but I'm sure over a week long ride, things will rub.
- Camera (This is a wish item so I can take pictures with something other than my cell phone. I'm not real worried about this item.)