Monday, January 18, 2010

POM Wonderful Review


I love trying new ingredients in my cooking and especially coming up with new recipes for my family! POM Wonderful recently sent me a case of their juice to try. My first thought was I bet it would be amazing with pork! I had my wife get some pork chops and set out to come up with a unique supper. I was thinking it would be good to try to thicken up the juice a little into a sort of gravy-like consistency.

I browned the pork chops on each side. I then mixed about two teaspoons of cornstarch into half a bottle of POM Wonderful juice. I poured this mixture into the skillet with the pork chops, covered, and allowed it all to cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Once the sauce had thickened up and the pork chops were done all the way through, I served the pork chops on a plate, drizzled with the sauce. As a side, I served mashed/whipped potatoes (used the beater and whipping attachment on my wife's Kitchenaid mixer). Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the dish. I'll try to make it again sometime and share a picture.



POM Wonderful provided me with all kinds of information about their juice. Here's a few things I especially found interesting.
  • Only POM Wonderful products are backed by $32 million in medical research, primarily in the areas of prostate, cardiovascular, and erectile function.

  • POM Wonderful is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice.

  • POM Wonderful is all-natural and contains no added sugars, preservatives, colors, or cheap filler juices.

  • Hundreds of scientific tests also show POM to be a superior source of antioxidants, with more potent antioxidants than red wine, grape juice, blueberry juice, cranberry juice, green tea, vitamin C and vitamin E.


I have two bottles of POM Wonderful juice left and can't wait to try them in other recipes! I might even have to try blending a little into my morning smoothies!

Disclaimer: POM Wonderful sent me a case of their 100% Pomegranate juice to try. They also sent me the product information shared above. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: