Tuesday, January 26, 2010

That's My Answer!

I just found this meme over at That's My Answer! and thought it might be fun. Today's question is:

When was the last time you tried something new? What was it?

I've been trying a lot of new things lately with product reviews, but I actually thought I'd share about trying sushi for the first time about a month ago. I have always been scared to death to try raw seafood. I love me some good crab legs, shrimp, fish, etc., but the thought of uncooked was kind of a turn off for me.

Several of my friends, including my wife, have been telling me I could start with basic sushi rolls and then try the fishier ones. So, last month, we went to our local Chinese Buffet/Sushi Bar. Yes, they really have a professional sushi chef there. I had my usual HUGE plate of (Americanized) Chinese food. Lots of good stuff. Then I decided to get a few sushi rolls and try them. I had one that was mostly vegetables. That wasn't too bad. Then I tried a spicy tuna roll. That was very good. I tried a few with salmon and other stuff in them. Overall, I was surprised how much I liked them. I don't think I could eat a lot at one time, but it was very tasty!

I look forward to going back and trying more soon!

Have you tried sushi? Do you have a favorite?

Have any questions I can answer on my blog? I'm always looking for great post ideas. I'd be glad to answer any question you might have for me!! Ask away!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: