Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday 9: You're My Best Friend


1. Outside of your romantic life, do you currently have a best friend?

I don't really consider anyone besides my wife to be a best friend. I don't really hang out with "the guys" or anything like that. Most of my friends are people at work or people at church. Some days I do wish I had guy friends I could just go out with once in a while to escape the stresses of everyday life, though.

2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?

There's a few things that come to mind here: That we could have another child, that we could afford our dream house/sell our house, and that I could remain in my current job until retirement (hopefully with some fairly large raises).

3. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food? If yes. what did you do?

We have purchased a couple bags of groceries for friends before when they were moving into a new apartment. I don't really consider it a basic need, but we've helped friends with providing a small amount of Christmas gifts for their children when they were out of work.
We've gone through a class at church to determine our spiritual gifts (God Given Gifts) and my two highest are Helps (sort of just helping out behind the scenes) and Giving. Whenever God has given me the means to help, we try to give when a need is brought to our attention.

4. If they re-instituted the draft (for both genders and your were of age) would you go, or would find some way out of it?

Thankfully, I'm beyond the age limit because I have absolutely no interest in doing military work. I would not try to dodge it since it is a federally mandated thing, but I for sure wouldn't be begging them to choose me! I have always felt that doing military work is only for certain people and I'm not one of them.

5. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do.

One thing I wish I hadn't let myself do is get into the debt we're in. We've made a lot of progress since 2006 in paying off our debts. I think we've paid off close to 60% of the debt we had in 2006, but it's been a hard and long process. It would have been so much easier to have lived within our means. On the other hand, the biggest part of our debt that's left is student loans. It's practically impossible to go to college any more without student loans.

6. Tell us about the last time you bragged.

I think I brag about my luck quite a bit when winning online contests and giveaways. I suppose sometimes I brag about fixing people's computers too.

7. What area are you wisest in?

I'd say I'm wisest in being safe on the Internet. I'm very careful about the things I click on and the things I install from the Internet because I've seen the damage it can do to a computer if you aren't careful.

8. Tell us about something that happened that at the time made you "full of yourself".

Hmmm. I think I was a it full of myself when my boss lost his job and I moved up to that position. I was really excited about the promotion and was pretty "full of myself" for a little while after that.

9. Has there ever been a time that you wanted to try something in the bedroom, but were afraid to ask?

Yes, there are a lot of things I'd love to try in the bedroom. I really shouldn't be, because my wife rarely refuses to try something new at least once.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I so agree with you on the military thing. I'm so glad we are not using it at the time.

Have a great Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/shameless-gossip-follower-iare/

Melissa Mashburn said...

I liked your answers. I like you honest answer for number 8.