Friday, April 2, 2010

Some Time Away and Saturday 9: Hurts So Good

It's been a long and stressful February and March this year for me. We did a major software upgrade at work and still haven't been able to close out our January accounting. There were so many errors in the data conversion that we're really struggling. As the IT/IS guy, I've taken a lot of the problems personally even though there's nothing I can do to fix them. I am struggling that I have no control over the situation.

You know, as I typed that, I realized this is a lot like my relationship with Christ. I have to leave it up to Him because I know that life on this Earth is not in my control.

Anyway, I decided to leave early from work yesterday and take all of today off. My wife and I headed out of town for one night just to relax and get away from it all. It's been awesome so far, just being away from the stresses that have been getting to me. Today, the temperature is supposed to be in the 80's, so we're going to do some outdoor shopping and maybe a park or something. Tomorrow, there's a wedding shower for my brother and his fiance. I'm really excited for them. Then, on Sunday, it's Easter!!! Christ is Risen!!

Now my Saturday 9 post for this week.

Saturday 9: Hurts So Good

1. Tell us about the last time you really got hurt.

I think the last time I really got hurt was when I was building our raised bed garden for strawberries last year. I was putting screws in with a drill to hold it all together. Suddenly, the screwdriver bit slipped off the screw and went through my fingernail. I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. It hurt the worst of any pain I've felt for a very very long time.

2. What's your oldest possession?

My oldest possession is probably two of the cigars my dad passed out when I was born. He says I shouldn't try smoking a 30+ year old cigar. I wouldn't smoke it anyway.

3. Do you have any phobias?

I'm slightly afraid of water. I have never really enjoyed swimming. I'll go in as long as I have some kind of floatation device or a safe boat.

4. What values did your parents instill in you?

I think my parents instilled amazing moral and relational values. They tried hard to keep me on the straight path with God, which led to good moral and relational values.

5. What are your plans for Easter?

Sunrise service at my Dad's church (he's a pastor), then maybe regular church service later in the morning. The rest of the day depends on when my brother and his fiance are headed back to Wichita.

6. I like sun more than snow.

I love sun way more than snow, although running my new snow blower was a lot of fun!

7. Tell us about 3 fads from your teenage years.

I'm not sure I know anything about fads.

8. Tell us what is the most important attribute in a lover.

I think the most important is trust/honesty.

9. What new piece of technology have you resisted buying and what would it take for you to change your mind?

I've put off buying a flat screen LED/PLASMA/LCD TV. I think if my TV at home goes out, that's when we will break down and buy a new TV. The last time our TV broke, I was lucky enough to find someone who was getting rid of an older TV, so I didn't need to spend much.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: