Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vacation Planning

I'm looking into vacation ideas for my family this year. I just like to get away. Personally, I just want to get away. Some years, I have a specific location or activity, but I just need the time away anywhere this year. We don't want to go too far because we're on a budget. I've been looking at places around Lake Michigan since it's fairly close to home. I'm really interested in Door County, Wisconsin. My son wants to go somewhere there's a beach. There are lots of beaches up there. I'd really like to find something on the beach up there, but it appears that's hard to find.

I found Sand Bay Beach Resort and Suites. They have suites that overlook a large sand beach. The best part is that they have a full kitchen in the rooms, so we could do some of our own cooking to cut down on expense. I think this might be a great fit, but I'm still looking.

Has anyone out there been to Door County, Wisconsin? Do you have ideas for a vacation near a beach around Ohio? Do you have ideas for saving money on vacations? Any vacation tips would be appreciated as I try to decide what we'll be doing this year! Thanks everyone!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

The Stillmans said...

Check out Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort - its on the water and a little further up on the Door Peninsula. You can save some money by grilling out at the resort or having breakfast and lunch in the condo. But be sure to try some of the Door County restaurants! My favorites ... Village Cafe, The Cookery and The English Inn! Have a fun trip!