Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dream of Camping...Flooded Out

I wrote the other night about my Dream of Camping with my son. The weather was supposed to be really nice yesterday and today.

About midnight last night, we were shaken in bed by a huge boom of thunder. It shook everything around us for about 2 minutes straight. I fell back asleep after that, so I don't remember the rain. Apparently it really dumped rain on us.

I got up this morning and headed to the store to get some garden stuff and stuff for camping/cooking over the fire. When I got home, I walked out to the garden to put down a new product meant to keep rabits away from my beans. I noticed the yard was pretty wet, but figured it wasn't a big deal...until I got to the garden and fire pit. There's about a half inch of water laying on the ground all the way around the firepit. I have a feeling if I set up the tent, we'd be laying in water by the time the mowning comes.

So, my Dream of Camping will have to be postponed for a while. My son's going to the grandparents next weekend since it's Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully, we can find a weekend soon that we can do this together!!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: