Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and May

Well, Mother's Day has come and gone already, but I thought I'd share a bit about our day yesterday.

On our tight budget, we don't usually do gifts or anything for these types of holidays. My 4 year old son just kept saying he wanted to get her curly flowers and chocolate. I decided it'd be nice to take my wife out for lunch after church yesterday and told her to decide what sounded good. She chose a local restaurant called Old Barn Outback. On Sundays, they usually do a brunch buffet. We got there and saw that it was $15 per adult and $7.50 per kid 3 and over. That was a little discouraging, but it WAS Mother's Day. So, we sat down and started talking about eating. Then we heard a waitress say that they don't do the breakfast stuff on holidays that fall on Sunday. My wife and I looked at each other and said let's go somewhere else.

She said nothing really sounded good. Then she said Panera sounded good. I was ok with that! I love their Greek Salad! We ate lunch and then decided to get some goodies on the way out. We each picked out something...ok...ok...I picked out two somethings for me. We then decided to get some extra stuff to take up to my sister and BIL at the hospital.

We then headed up to the hospital to visit with them and their new little son. He's been in the special care nursery since he was born Monday night. He has some sort of infection similar to what our son had when he was born. My sister had a really rough day yesterday with them moving the IV lines around on the baby. They had it in his head when they got there yesterday. So, they asked if it would be possible to take him home and have a visiting nurse come give him his antibiotics instead of staying at the hospital. They are supposed to be taking him home tonight!

We had small group Bible study last night and had lots of good food and sweets. I got home and my stomach started bugging me. Sweets have been doing that to me lately. I think I'm going to have to try to avoid sweets for a while and see if that helps.

Today, my wife and son stopped at a nursery on the way home from errands and bought a hanging basket...and petunias. The petunias were what he was apparently calling curly flowers.

Tonight, I planted my tomato and pepper plants. So, right now, I can see radishes, turnips, beets, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, and peppers growing. The watermelon, pumpkin, and squash hasn't broken through yet. I'm hoping that they take off, but I'll replant if necessary. Right now, I'm sitting here talking with my wife, typing this, and drinking a Michelob Amber Bock. Mmmm.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: