Monday, May 24, 2010

New Bike

Tonight, I broke down and decided it was time to splurge a bit and spend some tax return money to buy a new bike and pull behind trailer for Zac and I. Just need to decide if Sarah needs a new bike or not.

My bike was the same one I rode way back in Middle School or early High School. It had no handlebar grips and I couldn't find any to fit it. The frame was slightly bent, making it hard to ride...especially with a child seat on the back. The tires were becoming pretty brittle too.

We went to MC Sports first because they had a lot of bikes on sale this week. Our MC Sports store is preparing to move to a new location, so the selection was limited and I just wasn't sure I wanted to spend as much as they were asking. We went to WalMart next and found a Schwinn bike that looked perfect. Of course, it was on the top shelf. After finally finding someone to get it down, no one offered to help me out with it and the pull behind trailer. So, I put the trailer box on a cart and wheeled it and the bike to the front and out to the truck. I put the trailer together and my wife removed all the stickers from the bike.

My son was more than anxious to get to ride, so we took it for a short ride back through the housing development behind our house. It is such an amazing ride! Can't wait to get a lot of use out of it this summer!!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

It was so cute. You need to post one of the pictures that I took!