Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 01 →? Something you hate about yourself

There's one specific thing I've always hated about myself. I've been trying hard to overcome this and feel that I've started to make some progress. I have always had a bit of poor self esteem. I hate this because I feel like I let myself miss out on opportunities I was probably well suited for many times.

A few years back, I was looking for a different job for many reasons. I would sit and look through the classifieds coming up with some reason I wasn't qualified for each job in my field. I am glad today that I'm still working where I was then because work situations have changed considerably. I still catch myself on occasion explaining why I am not qualified to do certain things. If I would just set my mind to it, I'd learn it quickly.

The other thing that I hate is my temper. I can be pretty short tempered and hot headed if I let myself be. This is something I've never really been able to overcome. Whether it's because our 4 year old is misbehaving, something is wrong with the house, car, etc., I can blow my stack pretty quick. I wrote not too long ago about this and someone suggested counting to 10 before reacting to things. I think if I'd take the time to even think about counting to 10, I'd be much better off.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: