Saturday, July 3, 2010

POM Wonderful...Not Only For Drinking

Kristen over at POM Wonderful sent me another case of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice to try out in some summer recipes and cocktails!!! I was so excited to try POM Wonderful in some more recipes and couldn't wait to cool off from the summer heat with a great cocktail.

This morning, I cut a large chicken breast into strips. I then marinated it in POM Wonderful juice with a little salt and pepper for about 7 hours. I skewered it up and also put a couple other skewers together with mini portabella mushrooms, zucchini, and mini yellow potatoes. I poured a bit of olive oil on the veggies and sprinkled them with salt and pepper.



With the grill all heated up, I placed the skewers on for about 15 minutes, turning them once. In hindsight, I should have put the potatoes on just a few minutes earlier because they were still a little firm. I plated up the skewers and brought them in the house.



You will also notice two "wine" glasses behind the food. I put together two cocktails and my wife blended them up while I was grilling. I used 1.5 ounces of Coconut Rum and 8 ounces of POM Wonderful, blended together with about a cup of ice. I'm not very original in naming things, so maybe you can help with a great name for the drink! I'm need to get some alcohol that I don't have in the cupboard so that I can try the Frozen Pomarita recipe on POM Wonderful's web site.

The chicken was so tender and juicy, which can be hard to do when grilling boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The chicken had a sweetness to it from the juice, but wasn't overpowered by the sweetness. The drinks were really good. I love coconut rum and blending it with ice and POM Wonderful juice was amazing!

Here's a little information about POM Wonderful pomegranate juice from the documentation Kristen sent me:
  • The only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice.

  • All-natural and contains no added sugars, preservatives, colors or cheap filler juices.

  • Their pomegranate orchards are located in California's sunny San Joaquin Valley. They never use imported juice.

  • POM Juice is the only juice guaranteed to be made exclusively from "Wonderful" variety pomegranates.

  • The Wonderful variety is known for its unique combination of superior antioxidants, delicious taste and deep crimson color.


Disclaimer: POM Wonderful sent me free samples of POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice and the information about it.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: