Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation

We just got back from a week of vacation. It was so nice to be away from all the stresses of life, even though I did deal with some problems at work on Wednesday.

We left Saturday and drove just north of Chicago and stayed at a La Quinta. I'd been seeing all the commercials about La Quinta on TV, but had never stayed at one. We checked in and then headed out to do some shopping and then to Red Robin for dinner (YUM!)! I was really impressed! The pool and hot tub were great, the whole hotel was clean, and the room was really comfortable! They had a free breakfast that included waffles, bagles, yogurt, muffins, and many other great breakfast items.

Sunday, we drove a little further and stopped at the Jelly Belly warehouse in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. We took the tour of the warehouse and then did some shopping in the Jelly Belly store. Yes, we cam out of there with a ton of candy! After that, we continued on the road to the resort we were staying at for the week.

We checked into the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort and headed up to relax in our room. Our room provided a great view of the water on Sturgeon Bay! The room had a full kitchen, seperate bedroom, living room, and bathroom. The balcony was my favorite resting place for the week. We headed down to check the pool area out and then headed outside for a walk along the water.

After a short walk along the water, we decided to find a restaurant that was close so we didn't have to do any more driving. We found Sonny's Pizzeria just a block or so from our resort. We ordered pizza bread for Zac and a pizza with spinach, feta cheese, and black olives. The pizza was great and we even tried the gelato. I've never had gelato, but it was some of the best tasting "ice cream" I've ever tasted.

Throughout the rest of the week, we did lots of stuff including putt putt, shopping, fishing, playing on the beach, and Zac enjoyed playing at the kids parks. We ate at a little place called IdleWild Pub & Grill. I had been wanting fish and their fried perch really hit the spot! We also ate at Shipwrecked Restaurant, Brewery, & Inn. Shipwrecked is Door County's only microbrewery, so I started with the sampler platter of their ales. I ordered ribs, which were ok, but definitely not the best ribs I've ever had. I have to say that my wife's Mac and Beer Cheese was much better!!

We ate at two other places while we were there and each had something special. Wilson's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor brews their own draft root beer! Joe Jo's Pizza and Gelato makes a great thin crust pizza with toppings like artichoke and sun dried tomatoes!

We had a great week together as a family and I think we all needed the time away! It was rough going back to work today, but honestly, I think God walked a step ahead of me throughout the whole day. Things were rough, but I made it through without major issues.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: