Saturday, August 14, 2010

American Public University


Have you ever wished you could go back to college? I know I have thought about it many times. I work in the computer field and it's really hard to stay up to date with the changes in technology! It would be great if I could find a way to take college classes that were flexible enough for me to still have time for my full-time job and my family. Something else that holds me back is the fact that I'm still paying on student loans and my employer doesn't really offer any financial reimbursement for college classes.

I currently have two degrees, an Associates and a Bachelors. My Bachelors degree was primarily an online program. I had a couple classes I had to complete on campus, but the majority were entirely online. This was a great way for me to take classes because I was working full time and needed to still have time to spend with my wife. Now, it's my wife and son that I need to make sure I have time for.

Let me introduce you to American Public University. APU offers classes on a monthly basis instead of traditional semesters. This flexibility is provided as part of their accelerated programs. Since the classes are all online, one could be "in class" no matter where they are, as long as they have an Internet connection. For those of us that travel occasionally or often for work, this allows us to take classes even when we couldn't be on campus. With more than 100 online degrees and certificates, there's a program for all of us that want to advance our career.

This sounds great to me, but it has to be expensive. Actually, APU’s tuition is among the lowest in the country for accredited online universities, enabling it to offer quality, accredited degree programs at an affordable price. Undergraduate classes are $750 for a 3 credit course and Graduate classes are $900 per 3 credit course. APU's overall cost for undergraduate tuition, fees and books is $21 per semester hour less than the average four-year public university (College Board 2009-2010 data). Additionally, APU's transfer credit program enables students to maximize previous learning and minimize the time and financial investment required to complete their studies.

Are you interested in learning more about online learning and APU? This month, you can meet with parents like yourself for a live chat and learn about their experience of going back to school, including keys to their success and valuable lessons learned along the way. I'll admit my most difficult thing to do was learn how to manage my time well. Here's a list of chats scheduled for this month:

  • Marie Raffay: Master of Science in Environmental Management
    Tuesday, August 17 at 8 p.m. ET


  • Rebecca Roch: Master of Public Administration
    Thursday, August 19 at 2 p.m. ET


  • Helenjene Curtis: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
    Tuesday, August 24 at 8 p.m. ET


  • Jenn Deater: Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
    Thursday, August 26 at 12:00 p.m. ET



Join the conversation at www.studyatapu.com/moms



Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom/Dad Central on behalf of American Public University. Mom/Dad Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: