Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monkey Monkey Music Review


As a member of the Family Review Network, I just had the opportunity to review the new Monkey Monkey Music CD, What Are the Odds?, with Meredith LeVande. My son loves listening to CDs at bedtime, so I thought this would be a great opportunity. As soon as it arrived, I offered to let him listen to it. The next night, I mentioned needing it back in order to review it. He threw a fit. He didn't want me to take it away. This told me right away that it was a catchy album.



The title track, "What Are the Odds?" teaches about odds and evens. In preparing my son for school, my wife has done a lot of number and letter work with him. This is a great way to introduce new concepts to that learning! Information I received with the CD says, "Meredith LeVande brings elements of traditional Children's music to her original songs, which have a lively, updated sound and a contemporary kinetic energy." I can definitely see how the energy of these songs would keep kids coming back to listen to more!

The song, "Wheels" is a great new take on the childhood song "The Wheels on the Bus". The song, "Frogs Eat Butterflies" is adapted from the Wallace Stevens poem, "Frogs Eat Butterflies. Snakes Eat Frogs. Hogs Eat Snakes. Men Eat Hogs", first published in 1922. This is another really fun song on the CD.

"Circle" is a fun activity song for kids and potentially the whole family! In fact, I just played it and my son was already singing along with the words. "A genuine desire to connect to the human soul and for the human soul to connect to others motivated Meredith to create her song 'Circle', which encourages children and families to dance together in unity."

The information I received states:
With What Are the Odds? Meredith LeVande has created something remarkable, finding the middle road between baby songs and pop band songs where kids' lyrics are simply added to music that would otherwise be played for adults. Meredith's music is not only child-friendly, it's truly child appropriate, having been created with the healthy growth of the child in mine.


What Are the Odds? will be available online at amazon.com, cdbaby.com, and monkeymonkeymusic.com on August 31, 2010. You can pre-order it at monkeymonkeymusic.com now.

Disclaimer: This post was written for Family Review Network & Monkey Monkey Music who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest review.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: