Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Today was the first day back to work after a 3 day holiday weekend! It was a great weekend, but I'm worn out. I started the weekend with dinner at Bellacinos with my lovely bride! The pizza was amazing! Saturday, we headed up to the in-laws for a shrimp boil. I got a little fishing in, catching a bass before we started cooking. Dinner consisted of shrimp, sausage, craw fish, lobster tail, corn, and potatoes. There were also great desserts and snacks to go along with it!!!

Sunday, I did more fishing, catching another 4 bass. I really need to learn to fillet fish so I can keep them! The in-laws cooked out and I had another great meal! Monday morning, my father-in-law and I went out and cut down a tree and stacked all the wood. I had a new chain saw I hadn't been able to use yet, so that was a lot of fun for me. I'm feeling it now though.

A bunch of family came over for lunch and games in the afternoon. After that, we packed everything back up and stopped to see my parents at the parsonage on our way home. Dad warmed up some smoked ribs that someone from the church had brought him. Wow, those were some really good ribs!!

That was pretty much our weekend. I feel like it flew by. I'm tired, sunburned, and sore. It's all worth it to have fun weekends like this with family!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: