Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Review of Cast Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven

Originally submitted at CSN Stores

Now through 12/31 ONLY, receive Emeril's "Farm to Fork" Cookbook when you spend $199 or more on Emeril Cookware!

Click here for details and mail-in rebate form


Love it!

By Matt from Lima, OH on 9/5/2010

 

5out of 5

Pros: High Heat Tolerance, Heavy Duty

Cons: Rusts

Best Uses: Oven Roasts, Soups and stews, Casseroles

Describe Yourself: Casual Cook

Love this pot! I've been looking for a good pot I can cook over a fire with. This one is perfect! I made a great vegetable soup from things in our garden and it cooked perfectly in this pot. The only thing I didn't like was that an hour after using it, the lid had already started to rust. I washed it and rubbed it down with vegetable oil and it's all ok now.

(legalese)

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Nice. We are looking at Dutch ovens, and I am hoping to get one for Christmas. Thanks for posting.