Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last Minute Gift - Hexbugs

Are you looking for a last minute gift for a child or an adult that's still a child at heart? I got a HEXBUG Original and a two HEXBUG Nanos to try out. I loved them as soon as I turned them on and put them on the floor! Remember that I'm a 31 year old man.

The HEXBUG Original is much larger than the Nanos, but it's antennas bump into objects, causing it to change its direction. It's really cool to watch this little guy bump into walls and turn to continue around the room. The documentation says it also reacts to loud noises by changing direction, but I couldn't get that to work. The HEXBUG Original comes in 5 different colors.



The HEXBUG Nano is quite the creature too! The Nano acts a lot more like a real bug. It "crawls" all around the floor in completely random patterns. My son and I sat for a long time watching the Nano run all over the living room. My wife liked that when it went behind the couch, it came out having dusted, collecting all sorts of dust bunnies. The really cool thing is that if the Nano gets itself flipped over on its back, it can flip itself back over. Nano comes in 5 colors and there are all kinds of accessories to go with it!



There are several other HEXBUGs you can buy. Check them out and be sure to pick some up for those last minute Christmas gifts! You can also find HEXBUG on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclaimer: I received 3 HEXBUGs for testing so that I could share about them in this post. All opinions are my own.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

TheChickenista said...

Thanks Matt! I got ur button on my button page!