Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Resolution(s)

I was looking through the paper today with all the weekly sale fliers. It's funny to me that this week, almost every store had fitness equipment, diet supplements, and scales on sale. Obviously it's the stores' way of making money off of all the people that say their New Year Resolution is to lose weight. Seems like everyone says that's their resolution at one point or another.

Do you make a New Year Resolution? If so, what is it?

My resolution this year is an easy one for me. I resolve to continue paying off our debt. We are in the "Debt Snowball" stage of the Dave Ramsey plan to becoming debt free. We've paid of 63% (plus a little because I haven't figured December's numbers in yet) of the debt we had in October, 2006 off. That means we only have about 37% left before we can consider ourselves debt free by Dave's plan!

Sure, I'd like to lose some weight...or at least some body fat. My BMI is considerably higher than it should be, as is my Body Fat Percentage. I need to find some motivation to get me to the YMCA for workouts. I've even considered a Les Mills BODYPUMP class at the Y, but I'm not sure I could make it through a 1 hour intense workout. I have until Saturday to decide.

One other thing I'd like to try, although I'll be late starting, is to read through the Bible in a year. I won a One Year Bible in an online giveaway and will start it as soon as it arrives. Hopefully, I'll get it soon enough I won't be way behind.

Happy new year! Please share your resolutions or goals for 2011!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: