Saturday, January 8, 2011

Painful Workouts

I started a new workout class at the local YMCA today. The class is called Les Mills Body Pump. I knew it would be a tough class because it is supposed to work all the major muscle groups. I didn't know if I'd be able to do a full hour workout. I was right! I made it about 45 minutes before my legs told me they were done.

The class started with warm up, squats, back, biceps, triceps, and maybe a couple others before moving on to lunges. That's where my legs started shaking and hurting bad. I tried doing them without the barbell/weights, but even then, I couldn't hardly stay up. I stepped out of the studio and sat on a bench. I waited until the class was done and went back in to put my stuff away. After class, I headed downstairs to shower and head home. I could barely walk down the stairs because my legs wanted to give out. We went out for a late breakfast and I noticed it was hurting slightly to even lift my coffee cup. I'm sore in places I've not been sore for a very long time. Hopefully, I'll make it through the next class...or maybe the third class. Ha.

Another thing I started this year is trying to read through the Bible in a year. So far, I'm doing really well with that too. I'm also preparing for a missions trip to Africa in March. I'm trying to get money raised to pay for all my expenses along with the supplies we'll need while we are there. It's been a little more difficult this year, raising funds than when I went in 2008. God is good though and I know He'll provide every penny I need for the trip!

Well, back to watching the second half of Colts football and my daily Bible reading. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: