Sunday, February 20, 2011

If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?

Debt. Both governmental and individual debt. Debt is such a problem worldwide. My wife and I have been plagued by debt for as long as I can remember. A large part of this is because of student loans. Education has become so expensive that it's really hard to go to college without incurring debt. As we've seen, the financial world has made it really easy for us to build up debt. Think about it. How often do you go to the bank and get asked if you'd like a credit card? Even when I use the ATM, it often tells me I'm approved for a credit card if I want it. We've been on a budget since late 2006 and have made large progress on our debts.

The government doesn't seem to be able to figure this out. We all have to learn to live within our means instead of spending money we don't have. The only way we've been able to make progress on our debt is to budget our money and stick to it. I've heard it said that the U.S. government has a plan to spend its way out of debt. Huh? If the government keeps overspending, the national debt will continue to grow.

Ask me anything

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

deanna said...

Our pioneer ancestors believed this simple motto “Fix it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without” would help us live within our means.

PS I'd rid the world of spiders. yuck
xoxoxo

Selective Sensualist said...

Crime. Cruelty. Or illness. Though debt sounds good, too!

Hollowsins said...

I agree about the debt but I would have to say I would choose to rid the world of ignorant people..there are just so many of them