Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Right now, I really need it to quit raining! It's rained heavily for several days. My back yard has been under water for a couple weeks now and it really needs mowed. I went into the crawl space under the house last night and ground water is starting to seep up through the ground and puddling down there. I also want to get more of my garden planted. The rain is good for the garden, but not if I can't get it planted!

On a bright note, the cherry tree is blossoming and the strawberry plants have blooms on them! The onions and garlic are looking pretty good too! The peas, lettuce, and parsnips haven't popped through yet. If it eventually dries up a little, I plan to get potatoes in. Then, once it has warmed up and we don't have to worry about frost, I'll plant my beans, pumpkins, cantaloupe, and cucumbers. I'll also go buy tomato and pepper plants. I've never had any luck starting seeds inside for some reason, so I get some plants from the garden center.

Are you experiencing too much rain where you are? Do you plant a garden?
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

SocialStudiesSoubrette said...

We are getting a ton of rain lately. I have already put down peas, lettuce, onions, and spinach. Everything has sprouted but the onions are still pretty puny. I tried doing them from seed this year instead of from sets. We shall see. Frost is still a danger here so I wont plant everything else until Mothers Day. We have a fantastic Master Gardeners plant festival around that time that you can get plants really cheap. Good luck on your gardening! I hope your rain stops soon.

WynnieBee said...

Rain here as well but not too bad and no tornados though we did have our first torando warning last week around noon. The flowers and plants seem to be growing by inches everyday : D

This is my first visit to your blog - from Never Growing Old -Meet Me on Monday -now following you by GFC- hope you have time to visit my newbie blog WynnieBee - check out The Studio when you get there : D