Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review - Monster Truck Nationals

Last night was the Monster Truck Nationals event in Columbus, Ohio! My son has been looking forward to this since I told him we'd be going! We arrived at the event about an hour early and were able to walk right down on the arena floor and see the monster trucks up close! The trucks looked huge next to my 5 year old son!



One truck was called Chalk Board Chuck. The kids were able to write all over this truck with chalk before the event started! My son's favorite truck was Samson. He had to do his strong man imitation next to it before we headed back to our seats.



We loved the monster trucks in action! I loved the destruction and the roar of the engines! The stunts the drivers are able to do with these trucks is unbelievable. There were times that I thought they would flip the trucks all the way over, but they were able to control them. I only wish the arena had been larger so that the trucks had more room to demonstrate their abilities.



There was one thing about the event I wasn't impressed with. The clown that rode around in a miniature monster truck made some jokes that I didn't consider appropriate for children. My son is 5 years old and didn't pick up on the jokes, but if he were a few years older, I'm sure I would have been fielding questions I wasn't prepared to answer at a monster truck show.

Overall, we had a great time! I'm very grateful for the promotional tickets and would definitely attend again if I get the opportunity in the future. It was great to spend time with my family and to do something we all enjoyed!



One other perk was that we got to meet Tracy from Hall of Fame Moms! Tracy and her family had traveled quite a way to attend the event and it was great to meet them!

Disclaimer: I received promotional tickets to attend this event in exchange for a pre- and post- engagement post on my blog.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Tracy @ Hall of Fame Moms said...

Hello new bloggy friends! Thanks for the link/mention ;) I still have to write my review. I better get on with it!