I searched the Internet for a recipe and found several I liked! I settled on an oatmeal pie recipe. I'd never heard of oatmeal pie and really wanted to try it! I have to say that making the pie was extremely easy! I used a store bought pie crust and all I had to do was mix the ingredients and pour them into the crust and bake. I couldn't wait to taste it 45 minutes later. I didn't have ice cream to serve with it, but the pie was really good all by itself. The thick rolled oats added a slightly chewy texture to the pie. You will notice the crust didn't come out perfect, but it didn't hurt the pie any! You can find the recipe over on about.com.
I'm hoping to try making my own granola and oatmeal raisin cookies too!
Tropical Traditions would like to give one of my readers their own bag of Organic Thick Rolled Oats.
This entry MUST be completed before extra entries will count. Please be sure to leave your email address so that I can contact you if you are the winner.
- Tell me how you would use the oats if you win! (1 entry)
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions newsletter. (1 entry)
- Visit Tropical Traditions and tell me another product you'd like to try. (1 entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook. (1 entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on twitter. (1 entry)
- Follow me on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow me (@matt0701) on twitter. (1 entry)
- Tweet the giveaway (Leave the direct link to your tweet). (1 entry per day)
- Follow me with Google Friend Connect. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog by email. (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog by RSS feeds. (1 entry)
- Add my button to your blog and leave me the link. (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post and to Tropical Traditions. (5 entries. Please leave one comment per entry.)
- Enter my other active giveaways. (1 entry per giveaway entered.)
Note: Giveaway open to U.S. residents only.
Contest ends July 2, 2011. I will choose a winner using random.org sometime on July 3, 2011 and contact the winner by email. You will have three days to respond by email with your contact information.
Dislaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me the product described here in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own. Blog Gadgets