Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Storms, Power Outages, & More

This past Friday, my wife asked if I'd be interested in going to the Drive-in theater with our 5 year old son. I figured it would be fun even though it makes for a late night. We started the evening eating at a little tavern in a tiny town out in the middle of nowhere for the first time. I had a stuffed hamburger that was dry, but the taste was out of this world good! We had considerable time before the movies, so we headed to a local ice cream place and got dessert. It was our first time eating here too. The ice cream was excellent. I had hard-dipped bubblegum ice cream and loved both very large dips of it! We settled in at the drive-in and watched Zookeeper and Monte Carlo. Zookeeper was an excellent movie. Monte Carlo was a bit too much of a chick flick for me.

Wow! Yesterday, we had some unexpected storms that moved in quickly and generated some serious winds! Our power was out for almost 8 hours yesterday. Thankfully, the temperatures dropped a little bit when the storm rolled through.

Last night, we decided to go out for supper because I had won Olive Garden gift cards in a charity raffle. Olive Garden is hit or miss with me most of the time. This time, I felt the food was very good! I had the Parmesan crusted tilapia and it was great even though it was a bit more fishy than I like. For dessert, we had their mini desserts. All I can say about that is YUM!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: