Monday, August 29, 2011

Brother P-Touch Labelers

Mom Central Consulting and Brother P-Touch invited me to be a part of a new ambassador program! I was sent a P-Touch Labels Extreme Test Kit. This kit included label samples, a plexi-glass block, nail polish remover, bleach, palm brush, and scrubber sponge. I was instructed to affix one of the labels to the plexi-glass block and use each of the other items to test the durability of the label.



Looking at the products to be used in testing, I figured the label would be very damaged, if not completely peeled off of the block by the end of testing. Here's the results of my testing.

Nail Polish Remover

Using the cloth soaked in nail polish remover, I rubbed over the label for about 45 seconds until the cloth dried out. This did absolutely nothing to the label. If anything, it might have made the label and plexi-glass shinier.



Bleach and Palm Brush

Next, I put the plexi-glass with the label on it in a bowl of water and poured the powdered bleach over it. Using the palm brush, I scrubbed the plexi-glass and label under the water. I could hear and feel the grit of the bleach and the brush scrubbing. I removed the plexi-glass from the water and dried it off, noticing that there still was no damage to the label.




Scrubber Sponge and Bleach Water

Finally, I soaked the scrubber sponge in the bleach water and scrubbed at the label some more. After scrubbing for about a minute, I dried off the plexi-glass and label. Inspecting the label, I noticed the corners just barely pulled away from the plexi-glass. I observed one other thing. The plexi-glass has a lot of scratches on it, but the label doesn't show signs of those scratches.



My Conclusion

After all this testing, I think these labels will hold up to just about any abuse my family could put them through. Although the corners of the label just barely pulled loose from the plexi-glass, the label showed no signs of coming completely off. The print on the label showed no sign of wear.

In the coming months, I'll be organizing my garage and using P-Touch labels, along with a Brother PT-1290 label maker. I'll be sharing my organization project with you, my readers, so keep your eyes peeled for more about the Brother P-Touch labels!

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Brother P-Touch and received a product and gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: