Monday, September 19, 2011

Faith

In 2008, I went on my first missions trip.  Preparing for that trip was a great opportunity for me to put my faith into action, trusting God to provide everything I needed for the trip, especially money.  God came through in an amazing way, helping me to raise so much I had an excess I put toward a video project in the country I went to.  Again, this year, I went on another missions trip and saw God provide again in amazing ways.  Even when we got stuck because our flight was cancelled, He had provided enough funds to pay trip change fees that were necessary to get home.

For some reason, though, I'm struggling right now with a faith issue, related to money.  With the economy the way it is, I know many families that are experiencing job losses, pay cuts, and more.  I work in a government job and have been very lucky that cuts have not affected us too much.  I'm also lucky that my job is funded by a special fund, not affected by general budget issues.

Right now, there are a lot of rumors flying about how the higher-ups are planning to make cuts to meet a budget shortfall.  Yes, these are just rumors, at least for the current moment, but they are really scaring me.  See, I'm the sole bread-winner in our house.  I like it that way! It allows my wife to concentrate on things around the home.  (I'm amazed at how much she does in a day!)  The thought of pay cuts, insurance hikes, unpaid days off, and more is really eating at me.  God has been working on me all weekend, telling me to have faith and trust Him.  He has always provided for my family, no matter the need, so why is my faith so weak?  I really think it's the human nature to doubt.

God, please forgive me for my doubt.  Please continue to provide for my family as You always have.  Please strengthen my faith in You!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

sustahl said...

Isn't it amazing how we can doubt ourselves, but when we put our trust in God, everything always turns out better.

Melanie said...

I don't want to push my church on anyone but our pastor preached on this exact point yesterday. It was very very powerful. www.gccn.org and look for this past Sunday's service. It was very challenging and thought provoaking.

Jessica - Mom of all Trades said...

I'm a new follower from The Pitch List :) If you're not already a follower, I'd love for you to stop by Mom of all Trades!