Monday, October 31, 2011

Bicycling

I've found myself becoming very interested in bicycling recently.  I think it's a mix between my love for the outdoors and my need for more ways to add some variety to my workout routine.  I have several friends and acquaintances that are fairly serious riders.  Currently, I have a bike I got at WalMart last year.  It's an ok bike, but I feel like something is missing.  I think it is a mix of my guessing where the seat should be positioned and just not using my muscles efficiently.  I'd love to be able to get a little more speed out of my rides too.  Currently, my average ride speed is between 12 and 13 miles per hour.  I'd like to be able to go out for long rides either on the road or on bike trails around Ohio.  One thing I've always wanted to do is to ride the Little Miami Bike Trail in Southwestern Ohio.


Recently, I stopped in the Roll store in Columbus and talked to one of the sales ladies there.  I was really impressed with her knowledge of cycling and how she helped me talk through what type of bike I need.  In the end, it was determined I'm looking for a bike for fitness riding on paved roads/paths.  The Giant Rapid 2 was suggested to me.  This bike is made specifically for the type of riding I'm looking to do.  I was amazed at the difference in weight between this bike and the one I currently ride.  I'm rather excited, now, about getting a new bike, but we're not in a position, financially, right now to make a purchase.  I'm hoping maybe I can get one next spring after we get our tax return.  Of course, the price of the bike isn't the only thing I need to purchase.  Serious cyclers know you really need padded shorts and more.  I'll have to think through all that I may need before making a purchase!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: