Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Busy...Busy...Busy

For some reason, it seems like life just keeps getting busier and busier.  I listened to a speaker a couple weeks ago at a conference.  He made a statement something along the lines of if we read the morning paper, in one day, we've taken in more information than people 100 years ago took in in a lifetime.  Because of that, we get forgetful and stressed.

I find more and more that I'm keeping myself busy with something almost all of the time.  I work 40 hours a week in my full time job.  On occasion, I pick up a little computer work to help out a friend or family member.  This extra work is always done in the evenings or weekends.  When I'm not doing that, I find myself either tinkering on projects around the house, yard, or garden.  If none of those apply, I'm probably sitting in my recliner with my laptop in my lap, the TV on, and my work smart phone right beside me.  And yes, even when I'm home, I get messages from devices at work letting me know of successful/failed backups or system problems.  I've also been attending some meetings that include information about my health insurance, benefits, and paycheck an evening or two per week.

One of my big projects lately has been finishing up the base trim in the living room so that I don't have 12 foot pieces of trim in my way out in the garage anymore.  I'm also in the midst of organizing my garage in an effort to make it easier to find things.  This weekend, I added to that, putting a new roof on the bird house I built a couple years ago.  The old roof had rotted, so I decided to cut a new piece of plywood, prime it, and use some old shingles I had laying around to shingle it.  I'm thinking it might be the most elaborate bird house roof I've ever seen.  I did this all while waiting on the painted trim to dry.

Do you ever find yourself scheduling out your life to the point that you are constantly doing something right up until time to crawl into bed?  I'm kind of struggling with this because I'm really not getting the God time I'd like in my schedule.  I really need to make God a priority and all that other stuff secondary.  I almost want to put 15 minutes in my calendar every day to spend a little time reading the Bible or just sitting quietly listening for God!  How do you make time for God in your busy schedule?  I think it has to be a conscious decision to make that time!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: