Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


Sunday, October 16, 2011

Great Weekend With A Sad Ending

Yesterday, we headed out to review the pictures we had taken a couple weeks ago.  The pictures turned out amazing!  I can't wait to have them on the wall at home and on my desk!  After that, we went to bd's Mongolian Grill where we had an very tasty meal.  There's nothing like choosing all your ingredients and watching them be cooked on the grill!

Because we still had a lot of time in the afternoon, we made the 1 hour drive to Glen Helen in Yellow Springs, Ohio to do some hiking.  Side note: 12 years ago this weekend, my wife and I got engaged at Glen Helen.  We really enjoy hiking there.  Mostly, we enjoy just being out in nature.  This time of year is great because of the changing leaves.  Part of the trail was under repair this year, but we didn't let that stop us.  A few of the things that always stand out are the old dam, the yellow spring, and the water falls.  This time, we even had the privilege of seeing to female white-tailed deer back in the woods.

Following our hike, we drove to Young's Jersey Dairy and had ice cream.  I had the pumpkin ice cream which tasted great.  It was a great mixture of all the pumpkin pie flavorings I grew up tasting!  My son had chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and my wife had cookies and cream ice cream.  After we were done eating, we went out to the farm where we fed the goats and petted a calf.  I, of course, had to make one last visit to the store there, where I bought some pepper cheese, pumpkin donut holes, a pecan roll, and some honey-cinnamon butter.

We had such a great day yesterday as a family!  I look forward to our outings all the time and I'm rarely disappointed by the fun we get to have as a family!  It looks like our next big outing will be Chicago.  I've signed up to attend the Chicago Toy and Game Fair in November!  I also think I'll be offering family passes to the Fair as giveaway prizes to my readers here!

On a rather sad note, I was watching the final race of the Indy Car season today.  Sadly, Dan Wheldon lost his life in a horrific accident.  Several other drivers were also transported to the hospital.  I have to say this was one of the worst accidents I've probably ever seen in a race.  My prayers go out to the family and friends of Dan Wheldon!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

sustahl said...

I am thankful that I wasn't watching the race where he lost his life! I read about it though.

That is great that you had a wonderful weekend with your family. There is nothing more precious that the time you can spend enjoying one another's companry