Friday, December 9, 2011

2011 Is Almost Over

It's hard for me to believe that 2011 is almost over.  This year has had a few great memories, some that will never leave my memory.

In March, I spent about two and a half weeks in Africa on a missions trip.  This was an AMAZING trip.  It was my second trip there.  Two things continue to stick in my head from that trip.  One is how wasteful we are in America...or at least I am.  This was impressed upon me when we would take our leftovers out to the complex guard when we were done eating.  If we had some of the stuff left over here at home, we'd probably throw it away.  Stuff like chicken bones with almost no meat on them.  The guard loved it all!  The other thing that sticks in my mind is the air travel problems we had getting back home.  Our flight out was cancelled and it took two days to get another flight.  That required a very long layover in the airport lounge, which was infested with mosquitoes.

A second thing I remember from this year is my son heading off to Kindergarten.  It is hard to believe he's grown up so fast!  My wife and I talk often about having another child, but it hasn't been in God's plan for us yet.  I'm 32 and I'm not sure I want to have another child once I turn 35, so I say about 3 more years and then stop trying.  I think she'd be willing to have another no matter what age, but that's just my opinion of her thoughts.  With my son being 5 already, there'd be a big age gap at this point already.

Looking forward to 2012, I'm already trying to locate a good place on the beach in Florida for my family to go for vacation in June.  First, you must understand I've never been to Florida, so I'm just excited to go to another state I've never been to.  I am really liking the Florida Panhandle and all the white sand beaches there.  I've found a few nice houses and condos right on the beach.  We really enjoy when we've had houses right on the beach in North Carolina.  I can't imagine having to walk or drive and major distance to get onto the beach.  There are a lot of choices.  Hopefully something great will come into our sights as we prepare to book something!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Melanie said...

St. Augustine is the most beautiful town in Florida. Trust me :)