Monday, January 9, 2012

A Real Post

It seems like it's been forever since I've written a real post.  I got really burnt out on many things in the last month or so, dealing with back pain and being just plain busy.  My family had a great Christmas and New Years together, minus my son being sick Christmas Eve night and my wife coming down with laryngitis.  I'll share a little about our family time and some things God has been doing in my life.

Christmas Eve, we celebrated Christmas with my family, minus my brother and his wife, who are in Kansas.  My dad grilled t-bone steaks that were probably the best steaks I've ever eaten.  We had a lot of fun with the kids, my son and my niece and nephew.  After this, we went to my in-laws where we stayed for the weekend.  My son woke up in the night puking.  I'm so thankful my wife can deal with that because my stomach gets upset at just the smell of it.

Christmas morning, we read the Christmas story from the Bible and opened presents with the in-laws.  My son was feeling considerably better, but we didn't make it to church that morning since everyone was moving pretty slow.  Around lunch time, we went to see my wife's grandparents and then to my uncles for a lunch.  I got to see my great aunt that I haven't seen for quite some time.  It was fun hearing stories about things my dad's family did years ago.  Christmas evening, we went back to the in-laws for some extended family time.  I was very exhausted by that point.

The day after Christmas, we packed up and headed home so I could be at work on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, we headed back to the in-laws.  We had planned to go shopping or something on Friday, but that didn't end up happening.  I did get to have breakfast at Bob Evans with my mom and my son.  I love their pot roast hash!

New Years Eve, we were able to spend time with a dear friend from back in high school.  It was so great catching up with all that is happening with her and her family.  They live about 4 hours away, so we don't get to see each other very often.

God Moments During the Holidays


The night of Christmas Eve, I prayed before falling asleep and God kept bringing the name of an old friend to my mind along with $100.  I prayed for this friend, but didn't put too much thought into the money.  God kept prodding at me all through Christmas Day about this and, after talking with my wife, I decided I should send this friend the money and be obedient to God.  I have no idea what the money is for, but I know God has a plan for it.  To top it off, just as I was getting ready to send the money, a rebate check for $100 came in the mail.  I wasn't even expecting the rebate check.

I have two spiritual gifts that have been identified as very strong.  One is helps, which is most of the behind the scenes stuff I do.  I like being in the background and not getting a lot of attention for the things I do, although, it is nice to get a thank you once in a while.  My second spiritual gift is giving.  It's been hard to really use this gift since we've been aggressively paying off debt, but we're approaching the end of our debt payoff.  I'm glad I'm to a point that God can use my gift of giving for others!

New Years Eve, I felt God telling me to give money to my friend that we spent the day with.  Before we found out that she really needed gas money, I had already slipped money in her coat pocket.  She found it on their way home and let me know what a blessing it was to have that money in a time of need.

I have some other things that God is doing or might be stirring in my life, but I'm not sure I'm ready to share about any of that here quite yet.  I'm just praying that God's will will be done in my life and that I will remain obedient!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: