Thursday, March 15, 2012

Brother P-Touch Labels Wrap-Up

Well, I've been using and testing Brother P-Touch labels since August of last year.  I started out with the P-Touch Extreme Test Kit.  This included scrubbing the labels with brushes, scrubbing pads, bleach powder, nail polish remover, and more.  None of these things damaged the labels except for minor scratching or peeling at the corners.  The plexi-glass had more damage than the label from all this abuse.


Following the Extreme Test Kit, I received the PT-1290 labeler and went to work organizing my garage.  My primary goal was to get my tools and fasteners into an organized area where even my wife could find them if she needed them.  I've always hated when I go to the garage and can't find what I'm looking for.  Even worse is when I go to get the weed killer container and I don't know if it is the one that's safe for the yard or the one that kills all vegetation.  Using the labels, I labeled gas cans, shelves, tool chests, fastener drawers, and more.  These labels have all held up to the test of my garage.  Even with the saw dust and dirt build up, there's not a single label peeling away.




I also decided to test these labels out in some situations at work, but I don't have any pictures of that.  We bought new computers and I'd tried several other kinds of labels to mark the computers with names/locations.  All the other labels peeled right off within an hour of putting them on.  These P-Touch labels have been there for weeks now without any sign of peeling away from the computers plastic face.  I think I'll be purchasing a labeler just like this one for work.

I also tried out some of the decorative labels that can be made using the labeler.  These are actually pretty cool, but I think I'll let my wife use the cutesy stuff when she organizes her craft stuff.  There are still a lot of features that I haven't explored, but I'm sure I will with time!

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Brother P-Touch and received a product and gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: