Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 with SmartGuide

About a week ago, I introduced you to the Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 with SmartGuide.  This power toothbrush is actually fun to use and provides me a clean feeling like I've just been to the dentist and this isn't a feeling I'm used to with my old manual toothbrush.  I've been using it for about two weeks and I'm really getting the hang of it.  It took me the longest to get used to the 2 minute time for a complete brushing.  For some reason, I needed an extra 30 seconds the first several times to get all my teeth.  I'm not sure why, but I've changed my oral care habits from brushing once a day to twice a day.  I think it's the technology involved with using this toothbrush.  It intrigues me and I really like the clean feeling it provides.

The Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 with SmartGuide includes the following great features:


  • Pressure indicator lights when brushing too hard.  This is one of my favorite features because I have sensitive gums that bleed really easy if I brush too hard.  This red flashing light makes it obvious you've pressed too hard with the brush.
  • Brush provides 40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute.  This helps remove up to two times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.  I am pretty sure this is why my teeth feel "dentist clean" when I'm done brushing!
  • Using the whitening setting and Pro White Brush Head, this power toothbrush offers outstanding whitening and polishing in 3 weeks via surface stain removal.
  • Brush offers 5 customized brushing modes: Daily Clean, Sensitive, Whitening, Massage, and Deep Clean.  I've used the Daily Clean and Deep Clean modes.  I really like the extra 15 seconds in each quadrant of my mouth after I've been drinking pop or eating candy.  The extra time seems to really get all the nasty stuff off my teeth.
  • The brush head has indicator bristles that remind you to replace your brush head every 3 months, once they've faded halfway.  In addition, the SmartGuide signals when you are 10 days away from needing a replacement.
  • A base station with brush head storage is provided for re-charging the toothbrush.  You can get about 10 days (twice a day) out of one full charge.
I recorded a video of me using the toothbrush.  You'll notice the toothbrush flash red near the brush head a few times.  This is the pressure indicator.  You should also be able to hear the brush beep/pause in between quadrants (every 30 seconds).  Forgive me for my nervousness!  This is the first video I've done for my blog and I am not a good speaker.

video

Right now, through June 16, 2012, Oral-B is offering a $10 mail-in rebate on select power toothbrushes.  Check out OralB.com for more information!  You can also find Oral-B on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclaimer: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Dad Central Consulting on behalf of Oral-B and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to than me for taking the time to participate.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: