Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Weekend

Whew.  It's been quite a busy weekend.  I've been busy preparing our kitchen sub-floor for new vinyl flooring.  Our house was built in the early 1950s and I stripped the floor clear to the sub-floor to see what was there.  What I found was a real mess.  Several boards were rotted from what appears to have been a water leak at some point.  So, approaching the weekend, I was exhausted and just wanted to get out and ride my bike.

Saturday, I convinced my wife she should travel with me so that I could ride my bike and she could get out of the house with our son.  We loaded up my bike and headed to Yellow Springs, Ohio.  There are several things we really enjoy down there including Young's Jersey Dairy, hiking (two different parks for this), and an annual street fair.  Well, Young's offers putt-putt, giant slide, farm animals, ice cream, and a whole lot more.  My wife and son spent a couple hours at Young's while I headed out to ride part of the Little Miami Trail.  I rode from Young's to Xenia Station and back to Young's.  I swore it was all uphill and into the wind on the way back.  After checking Endomondo for my ride, I was correct about the uphill part for sure.  It was about a 200 foot climb over 10 miles.  I made it, but the back of my right knee is killing me now.  After I finished my ride, I got a Double Buckeye Sunday.  Yum!

Today, we had church in the morning and decided to finish the board replacement in the kitchen this afternoon.  This wasn't too difficult of a project, but I'm really sore now.  The only thing we have left to do to prepare for the vinyl is to lay 1/4" plywood over to give a smooth surface for installation.  There's a bad part though.  The flooring store called and told us the flooring we ordered is being discontinued.  My wife has to go pick new flooring tomorrow.

I'll be in CompTIA Security+ training all of this week and then we get to go away for our 12th wedding anniversary.  We're both very ready to get away, relax, and just enjoy each other's company.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: