Saturday, September 15, 2012

Planting Bulbs Now For A Beautiful Spring

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scotts Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
MiracleGro Logo(1).jpg

I really enjoy gardening around our house, both flowers and vegetables!  I have never planted spring bulbs though.  This is something I've always felt a little intimidated by for some reason.  I see neighbors that have beautiful flowers every spring and wish I could do the same thing.  With the information I found from Miracle Gro, I think I could pull this off.
Find beauty in the Fall by planning your flowers for next spring.  Wouldn't it be awesome to have a garden like the ones pictured below?





According to information I found at the Fall gardening site, late September to Early October is the time for these bulbs to be planted in Ohio.  This gives the bulbs time to get established before the freezing Ohio winter sets in.
In looking through Miracle Gro's products, it looks like their Flower/Vegetable Garden Soil would be a great fit for a project like planting bulbs.  Just mix in the Garden Soil 50/50 with the existing soil in your flower beds.  This provides Miracle Gro Continuous Release Plant food that will help your get off to a great start as the roots are getting established for next spring.  It also contains water-absorbent particles that help to keep the bulbs from drying out.
MG_Flower_Veg_Garden_Soil.jpg

If you have questions or are wondering what other gardeners are doing this fall, head over to the Miracle-Gro Facebook page to find out!  This is a great place to connect with others that are experimenting with fall gardening or may be a seasoned pro!
Advertisement
Visit Sponsor's Site
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: