Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's a Saturday to Ride

I've been waiting for some better weather to get out and ride my bicycle.  Monday, I rode to work and back home.  It was 29 degrees when I left my house Monday morning and lower 60's when I rode home.

Today the forecast is for 71 degrees and fairly light winds.  I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit and then I'm heading out.  I've mapped out a 42 mile ride.  This is about 20 more than my longest so far this year, so it'll be a good test to see how much I can do this early in the season.  For those that haven't read before, my goal this year is to get a 100 mile ride in before the end of the season.  This means building up my endurance and also trying to get my average speed higher than my normal 12-13 MPH.

I also wanted to share a site called BikeGuard.  I found this site through our local police department.  It allows you to build a profile for your bike, including contact info, serial number, description, etc.  Then, you can order BikeGuard  asset tags for your bike.  These include a QR code that can be scanned if someone see's it so they can find out if it is stolen.  The police can use this to help identify your bike if it is ever stolen.  Best of all, the service and tags are free!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: