Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bicycle Repair and New Pedals and Shoes

A friend of mine, Kim, who blogs at ilaxSTUDIO, asked today if I found out what was wrong with my tire in my last post.  I actually did.  I took it to the local bike shop, Crankers Cycling, explaining that this was the first time I've had to deal with any bicycle problems.  The helpful employee explained that bike tires are a lot like a car tire in that they have belts in them.  I most likely broke several belts in my tire, causing it to bulge.  He also explained that this could have been much worse had it been a front tire and had it blown out.

They sold me a new tire and let me go back into the work area to show me how to change a tube and tire.  I went ahead and got a spare tube because I had recently broken the stem on my front tube and had to replace it too.  I also got my new cycling shoes and had the clips for my new clipless pedals installed.  I haven't had time to actually practice clipping and unclipping from the pedals.  I'm too nervous to ride on city streets until I'm comfortable with getting out of the pedals.  I'm hoping I can get out this weekend to practice.

In other news, it's May and that means lots of out of town business conferences and meetings.  I don't like it much, but at the same time, I do learn a lot at all of these.  Besides that, the new baby is keeping us all busy. Jonah is 6 weeks old now.  It's been challenging after 7 years to get used to having a baby again.


  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets