Sunday, June 23, 2013

AVEENO Men's

Disclaimer: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Dad Central Consulting for AVEENO. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

I was recently given the opportunity to try Aveeno Men's Face Wash, Shave Gel, and After Shave Lotion.  I'll admit I'm not one to do a lot to care for my skin.  I try to remember to wear sunscreen, but that's about it.  When showering, I just use my shampoo/conditioner combo to wash my face.  I use whatever generic shaving foam I can find cheap at the store.  I never use after shave products.  I have found that I have to use nicer razors or I just don't get a smooth shave.  I'll admit that my skin feels pretty rough and dry most of the time, but it doesn't bother me too much.


In the past, I've tried other face wash products and have never really found one I liked so well I'd actually buy it.  Aveeno Men's Face Wash is made with ACTIVE NATURALS Natural Colloidal Oatmeal to cleanse, moisturize, and soothe men's sensitive skin.  I really liked the exfoliating feature of this face wash.  I felt like this left my skin feeling clean and soft even on days that I didn't shave.


As I said earlier, I usually stick to a generic shaving foam.  I think I may have used a gel many years ago, but honestly don't remember how I liked it.  The Aveeno Men's Shave Gel foams really well when rubbed onto the face for shaving.  After shaving, I had two reactions to the product.  Firstly, I spent a lot of time trying to wash the shave gel out of my razor because it seemed to clog it up.  Secondly, my face felt really smooth compared to my regular product.  As I used the shave gel over several days, I found ways to hold my razor under running water to was the gel buildup free.  Aveeno Men's Shave Gel is also made with ACTIVE NATURALS Natural Colloidal Oatmeal, which is fragrance free and helps keep skin feeling smooth.


My favorite product from Aveeno was the Men's After Shave Lotion!  Aveeno Men's After Shave Lotion is also made with ACTIVE NATURALS Natural Colloidal Oatmeal and instantly calms and soothes skin after shaving.  I love the cool feeling when applying this lotion to my face after shaving.  The cool, smooth feeling lasts all day unlike many products I've used in the past.  I'd highly recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin and wants to prevent the burning and irritation after shaving.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: