Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray - My Review

Disclaimer: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Gold Bond. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

Over the holiday weekend, I gave Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray a good testing.  I wrote about this product last week, telling you about it.  Now I'm back to tell you how it worked for me.

Test One - Armpits

This is my sweatiest body part, I think.  I know it's gross to think about, but I can sweat through the pits of a shirt within 15 minutes of sitting at my desk at work.  The Gold Bond No Mess Powder spray went on very easily and stayed where I sprayed it.  No mess all over the bathroom floor!  Within an hour, I had again soaked through the pits of my t-shirt and could see the powder on the outside of the black t-shirt.  In keeping me dry here, I'd say it failed, but I haven't found a single product able to keep me dry.  I did feel that I still smelled pretty fresh with no stinky body odor.

Test Two - Back Side (butt)

Admittedly, this is my second sweatiest body part.  This is especially annoying in my tight cycling shorts!  I often finish a ride very uncomfortable and sometimes, irritated for days.  Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray was really handy and easy to apply considering I can't even see my back side to tell where I'm applying.  I went out for what was supposed to be a 25 mile ride.  I got rained on hard around mile 18 and quit just shy of 19 miles.  Between the rain and sweat, my shirt was soaked.  My shorts were rather wet too, but my back side remained dry with no irritation.

With the experience I had this weekend, I'm going to be applying Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray before each bike ride to prevent back side sweating and irritation.  I have another century ride coming up this Sunday and can't wait to put the spray through its paces again.  I have no doubt it will hold up for me throughout the entire 100 miles if it made it through the rain and sweat yesterday!

Overall Opinion

Overall, I think Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray is a great product.  Primarily, it makes no mess, just as its name suggests.  It goes on easy, holding the can at whatever angle you need to in order to hit the right spots.  The cooling action of the Classic is really great to keep you feeling comfortable as well!  Although it's unable to tame my armpit perspiration, it did keep me smelling clean and fresh.  I would say you might want to avoid wearing dark colored shirts if you are using it on your pits though, as it soaks through when you start sweating.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: