Saturday, December 7, 2013

Missing In Action

Wow, it has been an eternity since I've been on here to write.  The past couple months have been crazy.  We've had remodeling going on at work and I got drawn in as one of the main points of contact with the contractor.  I'm an Information Technology guy, so I needed to be part of the project to be sure all the technology wiring was done right.  It's been crazy with extending deadlines, moving office furniture around for new carpet and paint, and installing new technology items.

I haven't been bicycling because it's just plain too cold.  I'm not a fan of winter and the thought of going 14 miles per hour into this cold Ohio air makes me want to curl up under a warm blanket.  I'm hoping next year I can buy some winter riding gear (possibly base layers, some sort of wind jacket, maybe even insulated long leg cycling tights) to keep me warmer in winter so I can keep riding.

I found out yesterday that our county is evaluating construction of bike routes, bike lanes, and/or bike paths.  This is exciting to me because most of the streets and roads I ride on are not designed for bicycle safety.  I've been lucky to experience very little problem with bad drivers out there, but have read about all kinds of cycling accidents in bigger cities.  They are looking to connect our county seat with all the outlying towns.

I did complete the Turkey Trot 5k that my wife talked us all into participating in.  My competitiveness meant I wasn't walking it with the rest of the family.  It was around 24 degrees that morning.  I ran it at the best pace I could come up with without training for it.  I completed the 5k in 33 minutes 49 seconds.  I was pretty satisfied having not run for years.  I've always battled knee problems when running, but this went well.  I was sore for a few days, but that's it.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: