Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Back to the Gym

I've tried a couple times this year to get back on track and start going to the YMCA regularly.  It seems like each time I started back, I got sick or too busy.  This week, I've been to the gym twice and already have everything packed for tomorrow.

Yesterday, I moved through the Nautilus weight system and finished it out with a half hour on the treadmill.  This morning, I did 35 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the stair climber.  I'll say that all my leg muscles are so tight tonight that it is a struggle to get up out of the chair or squat down to get something out of the cabinet.

It feels great to be working out again.  Another thing I'm trying to work on is reducing my portion sizes.  I love to eat and am used to filling a plate at supper and then going back for seconds.  I'm trying my hardest to get smaller portions and avoid going back for more.  I'm also attempting to only have a small snack in the evening rather than sitting down with the bag of chips and eating handful after handful.

All of this is in an attempt to reach the top end of my normal BMI range.  I'd ideally like to loose between 22 and 29 pounds.  22 pounds would bring me just within the normal BMI range and 29 would make it even better.  Losing the weight would not only make me healthier, but I think it would allow me to get a bit more speed and comfort out of my cycling this summer.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: