Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ride Planning

It may still be considerably below freezing in Ohio, but I'm starting to plan out some of my bike rides for 2014.  Here's what I have so far.


  • Ride the Ohio to Erie Trail from North to South in segments, completing it by the end of summer.
  • Ride the Buckeye Bridge Ride in Preble County, Ohio, Saturday, June 28, 2014.
  • Ride the Amishland & Lakes ride in Howe, Indiana, Friday-Sunday, August 1-3, 2014.
  • Ride the Hancock Horizontal Hundred in Findlay, Ohio, Sunday, September 7, 2014.
  • Ride the Tour De Putnam in Ottawa, Ohio.  I haven't found a date for this ride yet.
I'm getting excited to get out riding as soon as the weather starts to warm a bit.  I still need to get my bike into the shop for a tuneup and to have my handlebars re-wrapped.  I'd also like to have a fitting done to see if everything is setup as it should be for me to be comfortable and so that I'm getting every bit of energy from my foot to the pedals.

I'm hoping by thinking about all this, it will convince mother nature that it's time to quit with the snow and start with the sun and warm temperatures.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: