Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Slight Setback

Over the course of the month of April, my back has started tightening up and getting very sore and painful.  I attributed this to getting used to being back on my bike and all the bending in the garden.  Monday, it got to the point I couldn't hardly concentrate any more because it hurt so bad.  I reluctantly scheduled an appointment with the chiropractor.

It had been over two years since I had been in for any problems.  They practically had to set me up as a new patient, short of having x-rays done.  The nurse did all kinds of tests trying to pinpoint the cause of my pain and came to the conclusion she couldn't find any reason I was hurting.  The doctor walked in, had me lay on my stomach, and immediately said my hips were way out of position.  He then felt along my spine and described the muscles around my spine as extremely bound up.  He was unable to adjust at all.  He sent me back for the electro-stimulation treatment (not sure what it is called).

I love those treatments because I can actually feel the electricity coursing through the muscles in my back and by the time it is over, I feel very relaxed.  Back in with the doctor and he was able to adjust me slightly.  I go back today for a second appointment, hoping he's able to get me back to normal.  Although, the weather isn't exactly cooperating with bike riding here in Ohio this week.

I did get a large part of my front garden planted last night.  I had already planted lettuce, spinach, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.  Last night, I dug a trench and my 8 year old son planted potatoes and covered them.  I planted tomatoes (big boy and yellow), peppers (hot and sweet), and onions.  My back garden is VERY wet from all the rain we've been receiving, so I haven't planted anything out there yet.  I have seeds for pumpkin, watermelon, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, peas, acorn squash, and hope to get some corn soon.  Our new blueberry bushes are looking great and the pink lemonade blueberry plant is finally starting to put buds on.

Hopefully, my back will begin feeling better and I can get back out on my bike!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Fairytales and Fitness said...

Thank you for visiting our blog end entering our giveaway! I hope you are feeling better and are able to get back out there!