Monday, April 14, 2014

Snow Again

This weekend was a lot of fun.  Friday, I purchased a basketball hoop off of craigslist and brought it home for my son.  He was so excited.  We spent a lot of time shooting hoops, playing pig, horse, and several other animal name games.

Saturday, I was able to get out and ride for an hour on my bike.  It felt so good to be back on my bike for a fair distance.  The wind Saturday wasn't very conducive to riding.  It was blowing about 10-15 miles per hour out of the South.  Riding South was almost impossible for me.  Riding East or West felt like I was zig zagging back and forth across the road.  I was able to get 15 miles in at a quicker pace than I was riding last year, even with the wind.  I'm not sure if I can attribute the extra speed to my weight loss, but I sure want to think it's helping!  I was able to get into a more aerodynamic position without my knees hitting my belly!

Then comes today, Monday.  It's been raining most of the day and they are calling for 2-4 inches of snow tonight.  So much for my garden.  I have a feeling this will kill off everything I have out there already.  Oh well, I'll just replant if that happens.  I'm hoping the ground is warm enough that the snow won't be able to stick.  I'm also hoping the cold won't stick around long because I'm loving commuting by bike to work, especially because it saves on Gas costs.

A couple weeks ago, we got out for a walk and my son took his bike.  I just love the picture below that my wife took.


I've also thought about taking the Advocare 24-Day Challenge to boost my weight loss a bit.  The cost is the only thing that's really been holding me back.  I'm looking at our budget to see if it's something I could commit to.  I do have some money available on my miscellaneous survey sites that I could withdraw to pay for part of it.  I've got a friend that sells the Advocare products and she has been so great at encouraging me in my weight loss journey even though I haven't committed to buy the products yet.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Love that pic! Yeah snowing gangbusters here now too. Enough already.