Friday, April 11, 2014

Week in Review

This has been a busy week for me.  Monday, I got a text at 7:30 A.M. that completely changed the plans I had for the morning at work.  The rest of the week was a lot of the same.  I didn't feel like I got much of anything done that was on my task list until today.  I was able to get to the gym on Monday for a cardio workout and Tuesday for weights.  Wednesday, I rode my bike to work and back home.  Thursday, I had to be at work at 5:30 A.M. and after work, we visited a friend who lost a relative this past weekend.

Today, I was browsing craigslist and came across a basketball hoop.  My son has had an interest in basketball and asked for a ball for his birthday.  Well, he got the ball, but had no basket.  I couldn't see paying for the new ones I've seen in stores. The lady that was selling on craigslist was amazing.  I mentioned that my son was showing an interest and asked if she'd take less than she was asking.  She told me her three boys played basketball and that she'd be happy to take less because of why I wanted it.

Tomorrow, my son has baseball practice late in the morning.  I'm hoping I can either ride my bike before or after his practice.  I really need the stress relief I get from being on my bike.  A good 20-25 mile ride could do me some serious good!  I figure I need to start getting some distance rides in.  Commuting to and from work won't get me in shape for the organized distance rides I plan on doing this year.  Also, I'm hoping to start scheduling weekends in May to begin my journey down the Ohio to Erie Trail!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Score on the hoop! Nice job on the weightloss too. I need to follow your lead. :)