Monday, July 28, 2014

Amishland and Lakes 2014

This coming weekend is Amishland and Lakes 2014.  I rode this event last year and completed my first century ride on Saturday of the three day ride.  I decided Saturday night that I wasn't going to attempt a ride on Sunday and then regretted that I made that decision.  I was feeling pretty good when I woke up Sunday morning.  I'm excited to attempt another century this year on Saturday.  My family is going along to do some shopping and see what other activities they can find.  My wife's parents are going to be there too to help with our kids and to just get away for a couple days.

Me after the 2013 Amishland and Lakes ride (my first century).

This year, registration and the ride starts at 3:00 P.M. on Friday.  Friday offers routes of 14 and 32 miles.  Being that I plan to ride 100 miles on Saturday, I'll most likely ride 14 Friday night so as to not wear out my body.  Saturday, they offer routes of 25, 36, 50, 63, and 100 miles.  Like I said, the goal is to complete 100 miles, which would be my first century this year.  My goal for the year is to complete two centuries, so that'll leave me with one more to complete.  Sunday, they offer rides of 22, 33, 46, and 62 miles.  Depending how I feel after Saturday, I plan to ride either 22 or 33 miles on Sunday.  Even if I ride the shortest ride on Friday and Sunday, that's still 136 miles in three days.  I'm pretty happy with that.

So, you may be asking if I have a plan to complete my second century that I set as a goal for 2014.  Well, I have three more organized rides planned, but only two offer a 100 mile option.  I may attempt to add some extra mileage to the third ride if the weather is good so that I can get my goal.  Two of the rides are in September, which most likely means cooler weather, but my history on those rides says it'll be pretty windy, so 100 miles isn't always an option.  I have yet to figure out a good way to pedal through wind.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Fawn Nole said...

Wow! 100 miles! That's awesome! Good luck and I hope you have a great ride!