Thursday, July 10, 2014

Busy Weekend and Week

It's been a really busy week and a half here.  Last Thursday, I left work early and we drove to my in-laws' house.  Their family does a big camping event at their house over the 4th of July weekend.  My son and I slept in the tent the first night and I finished the final two nights in the tent by myself.  My wife and youngest son slept in the house the whole weekend.  I rode my bike 28 miles on Friday morning and 31 miles on Saturday morning, followed by a family softball game.

By the time we were done with softball, I realized that my Achilles Tendon was really irritated.  I've been taking it pretty easy ever since to try to let it heal.  I think I irritated it on my bike first and then softball made it worse.  From what I was able to find on Dr. Google, it's a common injury if a cyclist points his / her toes in the pedal stroke.  Additional information pointed to my bike seat being too high.  That's when I realized that about 3 weeks ago, I raised the seat about half an inch because I felt like I was sitting too low.  I've probably been over stretching that tendon ever since.  It's time to drop it back down a little and see if it helps.

This week has been crazy busy at work and my youngest son has been sick most of the week.  Last night, my oldest son and I decided to go to the Lima Loco's baseball game.  I found out it was a double header and at $6 for the two of us to get in, it was a fun night.  The first game was 7 innings with Lima winning after a grand slam home run.  The second game was 9 innings with a 3 run homer close to the end with Lima pulling out a second win!


My garden is still doing pretty well, although bugs have destroyed my cabbage and brussel sprout plants.  I've got a mystery squash plant that has some really large squash of some sort on it.  This was not something I planted, so I'm excited to see what it is.  The plant has vines that are probably close to 50 feet in length.  I also have another squash plant that I did not plant.  I can tell that it's a yellow summer squash plant.  I'm excited for picking that and grilling it.

Today, I took my lunch walk down to the hospital and back, stopping at the local produce stand that is set up near the hospital.  They had a lot more vegetables than they did the last time I was there.  I came home with sweet peppers, hot peppers, zucchini, and cucumbers.  I found a recipe on Pinterest for refrigerator dill pickles and I'm going to try that with the cucumbers.  I've got fresh dill in the garden too.  Oh, and I have a sunflower that I didn't plant.  It is currently about 2 feet taller than me.  Anyone have a guess what my mystery squash is?  It's fairly round and bigger than my fist.



  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: