Thursday, August 28, 2014

Block Island Organics Sunscreen

Being a cyclist that puts in a lot of time on my bike, I am forced to think about sun exposure and the health of my skin.  I make sure to apply sunscreen any time I'm going to be on my bike longer than my 15 minute commute to work.  This also goes for our whole family.  My wife makes sure the kids are well protected every time they are outdoors and she has started trying natural, organic, and non-toxic products for our kids!

Block Island Organics contacted me recently to try their Baby Block SPF 30 sunscreen.  I figured this would be a great product for our children.  I use a much higher SPF when I'm on my bike, although I've read a lot lately stating that anything over SPF 50 may not really provide added protection.



We used the Block Island Organics Baby Block SPF 30 on our sons when we went to the County Fair.  We spent three and a half hours going in and out of buildings and animal barns.  The Baby Block sunscreen did a great job at protecting our kids from sunburn.  My wife mentioned that it was not as thick as other sunscreens we've used in the past, but that it was actually a lot easier to rub into the skin than others.

Block Island Organics Baby Block SPF 30 is a zinc only organic, lightweight, non-nano and mineral based sunscreen safe for over 6 months and for sensitive skin types.  It is a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen, which is something I look for in all sunscreen I use.  Additionally, it is water resistant for 40 minutes.  I was also glad it is paraben free because when I was much younger, I had a mild allergy to products containing parabens.  And for those that watch closely, this is made in the USA.  Block Island Organics also offers adult sunscreens and sunburn relief products, so be sure to check them out!

If you'd like to try Block Island Organics, you can save 20% on any order before 9/5/2014 using my discount code: matts. This discount is not good with any other discounts or offers.
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: