Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Am I Losing My Mind?

I was just looking at my calendar and realized I've registered for two organized cycling events this weekend, both offering a 100 mile option.  In one sense, that means I have two shots at getting my second century ride (goal) in for this yer.  In another sense, I obviously wasn't looking at the calendar when I registered for a second event on the same weekend.  Google Calendar week view goes Sunday to Saturday, so I didn't even notice that Saturday and Sunday are both scheduled rides.

Saturday, I'm registered to ride in the 2014 Black Swamp Bike Tour in Bowling Green, Ohio.  This ride offers routes of 25, 50, 63, 75, & 100 miles.  My goal is to complete the 100 mile route to complete my goal for this year of riding 800 miles and two centuries.  Mind you, I'm only 7 miles away from the 800 mile goal.  If the weather cooperates, I'll to the 100 on Saturday and consider a shorter ride on Sunday.  I don't think my body will recover quick enough to attempt two centuries in one weekend.

Sunday, I'm registered to ride in the Hancock Horizontal Hundred in Findlay, Ohio.  This ride offers routes of 20, 32, 62, and 100 miles.  If the wind on Saturday cooperates and I'm able to complete 100 miles, I will probably attempt the 32 or 62 on Sunday.  This would be the most mileage I've completed in a single weekend no matter which route I choose.  My previous one-weekend total is 114 miles, I think.

Do you ever schedule back to back rides or races?  How did it go?
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comments:

Fawn Nole said...

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan! Good luck to you!
I've never raced back to back and I'm thinking I probably never will unless they are short races!