Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy 2015 - Time to Start Planning Rides

Happy 2015! It's been a long time since I've blogged.  It seems I just don't have the time I wish I did to dedicate to writing posts.  It's a snowy day here in Ohio, so I'm just relaxing.  My son is busy watching the kitten bowl on TV. Not exactly my kind of show to watch!

I got news late in the year that I was selected as a Nuun Ambassador for 2015.  I'm so excited because I love Nuun.  When I found it, I fell in love because it has quite a bit of sodium which seems to keep my leg cramps on the bike at bay.  I fell more in love when I tried Nuun Energy for the first time.  I'm excited to represent such an awesome product!  I even ordered Nuun bib shorts and a Nuun jersey for cycling.  I am excited as this is my first "branded" cycling clothes purchase.  Most of my cycling jerseys are cheap jerseys I found at discount stores.


I was also super excited when I got the email that registration is open for Amishland and Lakes, a 3 day bike ride I've participated in for the past two years.  I love this ride for several reasons.  First, it's a fairly flat ride, so it is pretty easy to complete 100 miles on Saturday.  Second, it's mostly on beautiful country roads, passing many Amish farms.  Third, several of the Amish families provide snacks in their front yard for the cyclists as we pass.  Fourth, there's a great Italian restaurant in Howe, IN, where the ride start and finish is.

I have set a goal to complete 1,500 miles in 2015.  In 2014, I rode 1,112 miles.  To get this additional mileage in 2015, I'm looking for more ride events to participate in.  I'm seriously considering doing Bike MS, but I'm a little bit nervous because it will be the first ride that requires some fund raising.  I'm hoping if I commit that I'll be able to raise the funds required.  I would love to ride this in honor of my wife's aunt and cousin that both have MS.

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet It!
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

0 comments: